Your Money Matters 
 Information and advice for Tameside residents 
 Welfare Reform in 

 Information and advice for 
 Tameside residents 
 Reform in 

Referral Tool - What's the problem?

I'm waiting on a payment/decision

What are some options?

Benefit advance or hardship payment: If you have applied for benefits and are waiting for your first payment you may be able to get an advance. This will have to be paid back. If you have no money because of a sanction, you may be able to claim a hardship payment from the Jobcentre. Hardship payments of Universal Credit need to be paid back, but hardship payments of JSA or ESA do not. You should get advice before accessing either of these.

Who can help: WR CA

Who can help?

We offer free specialist advice and support to Tameside residents on welfare benefits issues, including challenging benefit decisions and providing representation at appeal tribunals. Our debt advice service assists those residents who are facing eviction by a social landlord or mortgage lender.

Welfare Rights Advice Line: 0800 074 9985 - Mon & Wed 9.30-12.30pm

Debt advice: 0161 342 3494 - Mon-Fri 9-4pm

Free, confidential advice on welfare benefits, financial capability, immigration & residency issues, human rights, family & personal issues. We offer specialist services in debt, housing and employment. We can provide support to complete benefit application forms.

Tel: 0808 278 7805 - For universal credit support: 0800 144 8 444

Textphone: 03444 111 445 - Mon-Fri 9-5pm

We hope you have found this tool useful and would appreciate any feedback.

Age Uk Jigsaw Homes Tameside Ashton Adullam Leap Regenda Citizens Advice Action Together GMPA Tameside Mind DWP