Your Money Matters 
 Information and advice for Tameside residents 
 Welfare Reform in 

 Information and advice for 
 Tameside residents 
 Reform in 

Rent Payment Advice

COVID-19 Rent Update - June 2020

On the 5th June 2020, the Government announced that it will extend legislation stopping all Evictions to protect private rented and social tenants for a further two months until the 23rd August 2020.​

If you claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit for help towards your housing costs and you are still struggling you may be able to claim a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). This can give you extra money to help pay your rent and you can make a claim for a DHP on-line via Tameside Council’s website at:

If you cannot afford to pay your rent or already have arrears, please contact your Landlord as soon as possible to discuss your situation. The Government has stated that Landlords and Tenants should work together to exhaust all possible options. Cases should only end up in Court as a last resort.

If your Landlord is being unhelpful, please contact the Debt Advice Service straight away.

Please note that your Rent is one of your priority debts and is still due.

If you are a Tameside resident you can contact Tameside Council’s Debt Advice Service on 0161 342 3494 or send an on-line referral to us at:

Age Uk Jigsaw Homes Tameside Ashton Adullam Leap Regenda Citizens Advice Action Together GMPA Tameside Mind DWP